I am Nicole Lellek, creator of NEL Career Services, and your consultant. Please find below some information about me and some personal words about why I do what I do.
- Master of Arts (MA) German & Roman Languages, focused on communication/communication models within corporate organization and politics.
- 20+ years of professional experience as a consultant in
- Business Consulting
- HR Management
- Executive Search / Headhunting &
- Career Consulting
- Plus in-depth knowledge in:
- Burnout Prevention & Stress Management (Certified Coach)
- Many efficient tools, tips, and tricks to overcome personal limitations
- English/German bi-lingual
- Contact me here via mail or connect via LinkedIn here.
About My Career Story
If somebody had told me as a child that one day I would develop a deep love for business and careers, I would have been puzzled. I come from a middle-class family. My mother was a stay-at-home mom, and my father, a civil servant. In their free time, they devoted a lot of time to working and supporting one of Germany’s big political parties. Also, my grandfather worked in politics.
Politics was a major theme at the dinner table. The business world wasn’t so much. And if so, it was in a rather negative way. Maybe that’s why it caught my interest. Another reason was that politics was “too local” for my taste. I grew up in a small town and I didn’t like it at all. I wanted to discover other countries and big city life.
When I applied for university, I equally did so for Law and Languages. Much to my father’s regret, I ditched three offers to join a Law faculty and studied languages instead. From day one with a focus on linguistics and communication. And much to my mother’s regret, I decided not to join a political party, but the world’s largest student organization called AIESEC. One of the best decisions in my university time as I got to know and make friends with many people around the globe.
I started working for a business consulting firm when I was in my last year at university. First in the back office, then as training facilitator and project manager. After five years, I needed to see something different. So I changed my career. First I took a role as HR Manager, then my first in headhunting/executive search. Since then I never changed career again, but expanded within the industry. I worked for many companies internationally until I decided that my true passions are Food & Flavors as well as the Energy business. Both industries I serve within the European Union, and sometimes beyond its borders.
What I Stand For
Meanwhile, I am more than 20 years in business. And trust me, I have seen a lot: the good, the bad, the ugly. I have had many very smoothly running projects and some that taught me a lesson. Also, the whole industry changed. And I would lie if I said for the better. I state that you have to look out more than ever with whom you work with. And for what they stand for. So, here are some things you should know about me:
- Respect is key! – I respect you and the career path you have chosen. Furthermore, I don’t judge your social or cultural background, sexual or religious orientation. Or anything of that sort. I witness a lot of rudeness within the recruiting industry, especially behind closed doors. There is no place for it here!
- Ageism has no place on my desk! I guess that’s self-explanatory.
- Transparent communication – I will communicate what I can do for you or not do for you. And in what timeframe. There’s nothing worse than waiting for an answer that never comes. And, it’s plain rude!
- Honesty – This goes hand in hand with the point, as mentioned above. I hate false promises. So I won’t make them.
- A Personal Approach – I see two major streams in the industry. One is automation at any cost (usually the cost of creating long-lasting relationships and often sustainable value) and the other is a warm, personal approach. Personally, I don’t want to live in a world where people are treated as numbers. So I go for the second “stream.”
- Humor – I don’t take myself overly seriously, and working with me comes with a sense of humor. Just be prepared that I find something funny in pretty much every situation. Just saying. 🙂
If you have additional questions or need more information, please feel free to reach out here. I usually answer within 24 hours (except weekends and bank holidays).
I am looking forward to hearing from you!
All the best,